Local area network
Local area networks (LAN) are intended for processing, storage and transmission of data, and are represented by a cable system of an object or group of objects.
The designation of LAN is to ensure access to shared or generic resources (computers, servers, faxes, scanners, printers etc.), to data and software applications.
LAN should meet the following criteria:
- Compliance with modern safety standards;
- Possibility of accessing necessary information;
- Protection from unauthorized access to data;
- Ensuring stable information exchange between users.
LAN gives the following advantages:
- Data distribution;
- Shared usage of networking devices (printers, scanners, faxes etc.);
- Possibility of quick access to necessary information;
- Support of distributed operating mode for applications;
- Reliable data storage and backup;
- Data protection;
- Usage of resources provided by modern technologies (access to the Internet, electronic document workflow systems etc.).
Structurally, LANs are subdivided into several categories:
- Star: connection of all system components to a single node (central).
- Ring: network components are connected to each other in series in a closed loop.
- Bus: all data is transmitted through a communication channel accessible to all devices.
- Tree: combination of the above-mentioned basic structures.
Requirements for LAN:
- Combination of minimum expenses for their building and usage while having high quality of operation;
- Long lifetime justifying investments;
- Modular design and scalability, possibility of changing configuration and component build-up without replacing the whole of existing network;
- Usage of standard components and materials;
- Open nature of network, possibility of connecting supplementary equipment when required (without changing technical and software networking parameters);
- Network flexibility (when some computer or other equipment malfunctions, network continues to operate).
- Professional-grade LAN installation guarantees that all of the company's computers (and business as a whole) function without faults.
The following is required to create LAN:
- Project development, including preparation of a package of working (project) design documentation;
- Performance of installation works with testing of cable connections and joints;
- Ensuring (when needed) adjustment of networking equipment.
Local area networks can be wired or wireless.The specialists of our company are ready to design a local area network of any scale, to select routing hardware for it, and to perform its laying, installation and adjustment.